General Energy, (hereinafter GE), will adhere and operate according to established environmental controls and practices in the countries in which we operate. GE will implement operational and risk management practices that provide for maximum protection of its employees, its shareholders and the communities in which the company operates. GE is committed, not only to the present but also to safeguard the environment in which it operates for future generations.
General Energy will:
- Work pro-actively with governments and the public in the development of cost effective and realistic regulations- that promote enhanced environmental, health and safety protection.
- Regular education and awareness campaigns will be done.
- Operate in accordance with industry standards while complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations of each of the countries they operate in.
- Establish and maintain a well-defined environmental, health and safety management system to guide its operations.
- Ensure that all employees, officers and directors understand and adhere to its environmental, health and safety management program.
- Provide operations with the necessary resources, expertise and training to effectively carry out its EHS management programs.
- Engage employees at all levels in programs directed towards minimizing adverse effects on the environment- due to mining activity.
- Promote environmental awareness among its employees, their families and the communities in which it operates.
- Conduct periodic audits on its operations against stated commitments and measures regarding EHS management.
- Require those who provide services and products to practice good environmental stewardship.
- Mitigate its environmental impacts through efficient use of resources, and the reduction of input materials and waste.
- Maintain a high standard of emergency precautionary measures.
- Communicate openly with employees, government, the public and other stakeholders regarding this policy and all matters pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
- Continuous research and renewal will be done to ensure we stay ahead of our competition and become a leader in the market.
General Energy strives to provide electricity with as little carbon footstep as possible and therefore we will follow and adhere to the development of the united nations conference on Climate Change.
|Back||Back to top|